HCN is looking for an individual to fill a key Data Analytics Developer position. This position is responsible for the full life cycle of data warehouse systems from requirements gathering and analysis through implementation of the production system.
The developer will provide support in all aspects of data ingestion, movement, modeling, and analytic. Persons in this position must understand the development techniques surrounding data processing involving SQL or Big Data technologies. You must be a team player and a self-starter who can work independently with minimal supervision.
- Work with key business users to understand business problems and identify reporting opportunities;
- Provide timely reports on different aspects of our services, user interactions, and systems status;
- Analyze required data-sources and the health of data as it pertains to reporting solutions;
- Provide insights that will help us mold our data warehouses for current and future reporting needs; and,
- Use data mining and validation techniques to create correct and well-formed transformations and reports.
- 3+ years development experience (SQL, PL/SQL, Python, Bash) required;
- Working knowledge of big data technologies (Hadoop, Spark) required;
- Working knowledge of database technologies (PostgreSQL, CouchDB) required;
- Exposure to cloud technologies (AWS, GCP);
- Experience with Pentaho Business Analytics suite not required but considered an asset;
- Experience working on enterprise Linux-based systems; and,
- Experience writing technical documentation and reports;
- College or university degree in business or computer science, or equivalent work experience; and,
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills.
To be determined by experience.
Health benefits and Stock Option participation.
Full-time, Flexible hours
Send your résumé, covering letter, and design experience (e.g. URLs of sites worked on, Github repository links, etc.) to email@example.com.